Beginner Discover Scuba Diving PADI Certificated Course in Weligama, Sri Lanka.
Have you always wanted to learn diving, but have never dived before? Have you ever wanted to know how it feels to breathe underwater? Here’s your chance! Participate on this PADI course dive camp in Weligama Bay, Sri Lanka, the pearl of the Indian Ocean!
- All the diving equipment
- 1 discover dive in the ocean
- 2 hour class – theory and practical
- Service of a skillful diving instructor
- Small group sizes (between 1 – 4 students per instructor / guide)
- 2 nights accommodation with breakfast
- Transport and airport pickup
- Dive video record
4 days with instruction in English
The organizer also speaks: Spanish
1 day with instruction
Airport transfer included: Bandaranaike International Airport
Airport transfer included: Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport
- Hot spring
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Barbecue facilities
- Dining area
- Environmentally friendly
- Honesty bar
- Meditation garden
- Picnic area
- Special menu request
- Yoga deck
- Bicycle rental
- Board rental
- Car rental
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Internet access
- Ironing / ironing board
- Medical assistance
- Meeting room
- Parking lot
- Tour assistance
- Wireless internet
During this holiday, you have the option of staying in a private room in the villas / resorts or 3 / 4-star hotels in Weligama Bay depending on your budget or needs.
- 20 private rooms with AC and no AC
- 25 luxury private rooms in villas
Beginners Diving Course
If you’ve always wanted to try scuba diving, but don’t want to commit to the full PADI Open Water certification, then this is for you! The professional team of international PADI instructors can introduce you to the equipment in the swimming pool, before taking you on your first underwater adventure! In the ocean, you can admire the wonderfully diverse marine life, and if you’re lucky – maybe even a giant but peaceful whale shark!
What you get
- You may be able to get college credit for the Open Water Diver course.
- Age: 10 years or older
- Time commitment: Approximately 8 – 15 hours course prerequisites
- Able to swim
- Medically fit for diving
The PADI Open Water Diver Course Consists of Three Main Phases:
Knowledge development (online / independent study / in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving.
Confined Water Dives
Confined water dives are to learn basic scuba skills.
Open Water Dives
Open water dives are to use your skills and explore.
Day 1 – Colombo Airport – Weligama Bay
Once you arrive at Colombo International Airport (CMB), Lankan Tour Hub (Pvt) Ltd.’s guides will pick you up from the airport. Then, you will directly be transferred to the surf camp in Weligama, Sri Lanka via E01 Sothern Express Highway.
This day, the guides will be going to show you the city and beach around Weligama. You will check-in and meet the team. There, you will enjoy seafood beach barbecue local foods and Sri Lankan style cocktails. Afterward, you can visit a beach, take a rest as you wish.
Day 2 – Discover Scuba Diving – Theory and Lesson
You will begin your day with enjoying a breakfast buffet, a combination of Sri Lankan and western foods changing daily. You will have a beginners diving lessons or professional dive guiding at a diving school near the beach for almost three hours, then you can collect your basic equipment and start your practice with the diving teacher.
What you will do?
- 1 hour video annalists education
- Practice in swimming pool
- The program starts at 9:30 a.m. at the dive shop on the beach
- 45 minutes water dive practice
- Learn safety and how to use equipment
You will have your buffet for lunch. In the spare time, you may relax on the beach, snorkeling, or free to practice surfing in the afternoon. As you like, you can go watch evening sunset locations on the beach and do yoga with a yoga teacher till the sun goes down. In the evening, you will enjoy barbecue grilled dinner or Sri Lankan food and take a rest.
Day 3 – Weligama – Tour End
You will have breakfast in the morning. After that, all the lessons are finished and hopefully, you will dive on your own in a dive spot with the team. Check out is by 11:00 a.m. Grab some photos in the dive camp to show off to your friends. Make sure you’ve got everyone on Facebook and say goodbye to your dive camp family. They miss you already.
Sri Lanka is a great place to learn to dive with the PADI Open Water Diver course. The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver, PADI Enriched Air Diver, PADI Deep Diver, and PADI Wreck Diver courses are popular to dive many of the sites and wrecks off the coastline of Sri Lanka. You can also become a PADI Divemaster or PADI Instructor from this island paradise.
This dive camp will take place at Trincomalee beach’s diving center in Uppuveli, Sri Lanka. The camp is located near the beach that will give you easy access to the diving spots. It is also less crowded, giving you a hassle-free time to learn properly or enjoy the waves to the fullest. As well as sunrise dive, the sunset snorkeling is the most awesome experience to do. This is also one of the best places to go dolphin watching during the whale season: April to October.
- Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (HRI) – 2 hours and 18 minutes / 110 kilometers
- Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB) – 2 hours and 19 minutes / 171.4 kilometers via Southern Expy/E01
On this dive camp, you will be served daily breakfast (included in the price). For the rest of the meals, you can have the best local food experience as well as Western and Sri Lankan foods in the local restaurants.
The following meals are included:
The following drinks are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Whole food
- Other dietary requirements on request
If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to the organizer when making a reservation
- 1 dive lesson (45 minute in the water) – small group sizes (between 1 – 4 students per instructor / guide)
- Professional local and foreign internationally qualified instructors
- Professional dive photographer joining you with some lessons
- Free use of diving equipment
- 30 minute video annalist to share via social media
- Dive boat rental and pickup – drop to the beach of the day
- Airport pickup
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- 2 breakfasts
- Free coffee, tea, and king coconut every day
- High-speed Wi-Fi
What’s not included
- Airport transfers to Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB)
- Flights to and from Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB)
- Lunch and dinner for 3 days
- Massage and spa treatments
- Optional activities
Things to do (optional)
- Surfing lessons for beginners / intermediate and advanced
- Whale watching tour
- Spa and body massage
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB) or Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (HRI). Transfer from Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB) is included. Sri Lankan Tour Hub will pick you up from the airport.
Airport: Bandaranaike International Airport Airport transfer included: Bandaranaike International AirportNo additional charges. You can request this in the next step.
Airport: Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport Airport transfer available: Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (US$100 per person)
- A reservation requires a deposit of 25% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 14 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.