4 Days Blend of Nature, Culture, and Tea Plantations Tour in Norton Bridge, Sri Lanka.
Formerly known as Ceylon, Sri Lanka stands as the world’s fourth largest producer of tea. The tea drinking culture within this island country is strong, with Sri Lankan’s drinking on average three cups per day. In an attempt to compete with China‘s tea production, the British introduced tea plantations to Sri Lanka in 1867, and since, the country has become the producer of some of the world’s finest teas, from single origins to mixed fruit blends.
- Learn how to pick tea
- Learn different types of tea
- Take a tuktuk tour to visit tea plantations
- Visit tea factory and experience the tea culture
- 3 nights accommodation, including a camp night at Aberdeen Waterfalls
- Trek through the waterfalls and forest trails
- 3 breakfasts, lunches, and dinners
- Tea, coffee, and Ayurveda drinks
4 days with instruction in English
The organizer also speaks: Spanish
Airport transfer available:
Bandaranaike International Airport (US$85)
- Dining area
- Environmentally friendly
- Meditation garden
- Picnic area
- Smoke-free property
- Bicycle rental
- Car rental
- Internet access
- Meeting room
- Parking lot
- Tour assistance
- Wireless internet
During this holiday, on the first two nights, you have the option of staying in a private room in the Aberdeen Water Falls Edge Cabin. On your last night, you will able to enjoy a camp night at the Aberdeen Waterfall area.
Day 1: Colombo – Norton Bridge Village – Aberdeen Falls Villa
Once you arrive at Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB), if you signed up for it, Sri Lankan Tour Hub’s guides will pick you up from the airport. Then, you will directly be transferred to your accommodation.
This day, the guides are going to show you the village sites around Norton Bridge. You will check in and meet the host. There, you will enjoy fresh air local foods and fruits, Sri Lankan style. Afterward, you can visit a tea estate and / or take a rest as you wish.
Day 2: Your accommodation – Tea plantation education tours
You will begin your day with enjoying a breakfast buffet, a combination of Sri Lankan foods changing daily. You will have a basic theory lessons or professional farmer guide at your accommodation on the tea estate for almost two hours. You will be able to pick young tea leaves yourself and start practicing with your host.
Your host will teach you about different varieties of tea leaves and how it changed with teats. After this event, you will have a cooking class to learn how to make Sri Lankan rice and curry with their spices. You will be shown how local foods, natural Ayurveda raw leaves, and healthy foods heal sickness. You will have your own Sri Lankan rice and curry for lunch.
After this lunch, you will go on a tuktuk tour to explore different tea variety in a tea plantation tour, while exploring the nature, culture, and sights around Norton Bridge village as well as the lake site. You will enjoy a barbecue grilled dinner and a fire place outside, as well as Sri Lankan food like coconut rotty. Afterward, you can take a rest.
Day 3: Tea factory tour – Aberdeen Waterfalls camping night
Wake up to a freshly prepared breakfast of both Sri Lankan and western foods changing daily as you wish. This day, you will take a tour by tuktuk to Harangala tea factory. The factory is about an hour and 30 minutes away from your accommodation. On the way to tea factory, you will have amazing experience as you take in the surrounding landscape. As you reach the tea factory, there will be professional guides to explain to you about tea process from the beginning to the end. This excursion will then end with lunch. Your lunch will be arranged to be enjoyed on the way back to Aberdeen Waterfalls.
It takes an hour and a half trip from the tea factory to Aberdeen Waterfalls. Your camping tents will already be arranged when you get there. To access the Aberdeen Waterfall, you will have to walk for about one kilometer through the jungle trails. Keep an eye on the surrounding environment and nature that you passed on the way. Tonight, you will enjoy a delicious barbecue dinner and fire place in front of the Aberdeen Fall. Tonight will be a fantastic experience as you enjoy your adventure stay at the camp site.
Day 4: Aberdeen Waterfall – End of tour
This day, Sri Lankan Tour Hub have prepared a nice experience around water fall. You will take your breakfast in front of the Aberdeen Waterfall cabana. You can also enjoy a boat ride under water fall and you can stay there until 12 p.m. Check out is by 12:00 p.m. Grab some photos in the camp site to show off to your friends back home. Make sure you have got everyone’s contact details, and say goodbye to your friends. They miss you already.
- Tea plantation education tour
- Tea estates route tours
- Tea factory education tour
- Tuktuk tours to all of the places
- Aberdeen Waterfalls camping site
- Jungle trekking tour
This tour will take place in Norton Bridge. Norton Bridge is a village in Sri Lanka, located within the Central Province.
Aberdeen waterfall is 98-meter (322-foot) high and is a wonderfully scenic waterfall. It is located in the Nuwara Eliya district of Sri Lanka. The Aberdeen Falls begins from the Kehelgamu Oya, a tributary of the Kelani river. The waterfall consists of seven small waterfalls. When going down the river, these little waterfalls meet. The waterfall is much more spectacular during wet season than during periods of low water. It is covered with a big stone complex behind. There is a beautiful and deep water pond at the foot of the waterfall. The waterfall is ranked as the 18th highest on the island, and is known as one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Sri Lanka.
- Bandaranaike International Airport (via Avissawella – Hatton – Nuwara Eliya Hwy/A7), 137.1 kilometers – 3 hours 34 minutes
- Kandy (via AB13), 61.9 kilometers – 2 hours 10 minutes
During this holiday, you will be served three breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, as well as tea, coffee, and Ayurveda drinks.
The following meals are included:
The following drinks are included:
- Detox juices
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Lacto-ovo Vegetarian
- Raw food
If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to the organizer when making a reservation
Things to do (optional)
- Martin Air(DC8) Tyre – air crash memorial in Norton Bridge
- Vimalasurendra hydro power station in Norton Bridge
- Sri Lanka Laxapana Waterfall
- 0th mile post in Sri Lanka
- Seven hills mountains range
- Adam speak mountain range
- Kithulgala water rafting
- 3 nights accommodation, including 1 night’s camping in front of the Aberdeen Waterfall
- 3 breakfasts, lunches, and dinners
- Tea factory visit tour
- Guided tea plantation visits
- Aberdeen Waterfall trekking tour
- Working experience in tea plantation with locals
- Cooking lessons to learn Sri Lankan Ayurveda foods
- Learn about Sri Lankan wildlife
- Cultural and village tours
- Tuktuk tour to explore tea plantations
What’s not included
- Airport transfers to Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB)
- Flights to and from Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB)
- Massage and spa treatments
- Optional activities
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB). Transfer from this airport is available at an additional 85 USD. Please send your inquiry for further information.
Airport: Bandaranaike International Airport Airport transfer available: Bandaranaike International Airport (US$85 per person)Additional charges may apply. You can request this in the next step.
- A reservation requires a deposit of 25% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 10 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.