4 Days Explore Diving More: PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course in Weligama, Sri Lanka.
Gain new experiences and confidence with a supervised experience that allows you to dive up to depths up to 30 meters. There are 2 mandatory dives “deep and navigation”. You can discuss with your instructor which 3 additional adventure dives. Become an advanced diver – explore diving more!
- 2 basic yoga class
- 5 advanced dive in the ocean
- 3-hour class: theory and practical
- PADI Advanced Diver certification after completion
- Service of a skillful diving instructor and all the diving equipment and boat
- Small group sizes (between 1 – 4 students per instructor / guide)
- 3 nights accommodation with breakfast
- Transport and airport pickup
4 days with instruction in English
The organizer also speaks: Spanish
3 day with instruction
Airport transfer included: Bandaranaike International Airport
Airport transfer included: Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport
- Hot spring
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Barbecue facilities
- Dining area
- Environmentally friendly
- Honesty bar
- Meditation garden
- Picnic area
- Special menu request
- Yoga deck
- Bicycle rental
- Board rental
- Car rental
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Internet access
- Ironing / ironing board
- Medical assistance
- Meeting room
- Parking lot
- Tour assistance
- Wireless internet
During this holiday, you have the option of staying in a private room in the villas / resorts or 3 / 4-star hotels in Weligama Bay depending on your budget or needs.
- 20 private rooms with AC and no AC
- 25 luxury private rooms in villas
That’s what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. You don’t have to be “advanced” to take it. It’s designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification.
The course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different adventure dives. You try out different specialties while gaining experience under the supervision of your PADI instructor. You log dives and develop capabilities as you find new ways to have fun scuba diving.
- Age: 15 years or older
- Time commitment: approximately 8 – 15 hours course prerequisites
- Able to swim
- Medically fit for diving
- The PADI Open Water Or Discover Diver Certification
For each dive, it is required to complete a knowledge review. Reading a small chapter in the manual and answering some questions which will be provided for you here.
Day 1: Colombo Airport – Weligama Bay
Once you arrive at Colombo International Airport (CMB) Sri, Lankan Tour Hub’s guides will pick you up from the airport. Then, you will directly be transferred to the surf camp in Weligama, Sri Lanka via E01 Sothern Express Highway.
This day, the guides will be going to show you the city and beach around Weligama. You will check-in and meet the team. There, you will enjoy seafood beach barbecue local foods and Sri Lankan style cocktails. Afterward, you can visit a beach or take a rest as you wish.
Day 2: Weligama Bay – PADI Advanced Water Diving and Theory Lessons – 2 adventure dives
You will begin your day by enjoying a breakfast buffet, a combination of Sri Lankan and western foods changing daily. You will have beginners diving lessons or professional dive guiding at a diving school near the beach, then you can collect your basic equipment and start your practice with the diving teacher.
What you will do?
- Video annalists education
- Shallow water dive practice
- Learn safety and how to use equipment
- Adventure dive – 2 bottles in 2 spots
You will have buffet for lunch. In the spare time, you may relax on the beach, snorkeling, or free to practice surfing in the afternoon. As you like, you can go watch evening sunset locations on the beach and do yoga with a yoga teacher till the sun goes down. In the evening, you will enjoy barbecue grilled dinner or Sri Lankan food and take a rest.
Day 3: 2 adventure diving lessons – night dive
Wake up to a freshly prepared breakfast of both Sri Lankan and western foods changing daily as you wish. This will be your day two of your diving career, so slap on the sunscreen, take your theory and practical lesson at the theater (the theory is every day and can be before or after the dive session), jump in a tuk-tuk, and head to the dive school for either a lesson or guided dive. The afternoon is yours for the taking.
You may explore Weligama, shop, relax at the beach, or grab a board and jump in for a free surf. tour hub will have recommended optional adventures for you to do in the afternoons. As well as yoga class starts at 6 p.m. Start night dive at 8 p.m., enjoy the nightlife in the ocean. Enjoy your own dinner and end the day with some well-deserved beers and as you wish.
Day 4: PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course final exam – theory
After your breakfast, jump in a tuk-tuk, and head to the dive school where you will have a final theory exam 1 hour. After this, all the lessons are finished and hopefully, you will dive on your own at a dive spot with the team. Check out is by 11:00 a.m. Grab some photos in the dive camp to show off to your friends. Make sure you’ve got everyone on Facebook and say goodbye to your surf camp family. They miss you already.
Sri Lanka is a great place to learn to dive with the PADI Open Water Diver course. The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver, PADI Enriched Air Diver, PADI Deep Diver, and PADI Wreck Diver courses are popular to dive many of the sites and wrecks off the coastline of Sri Lanka. You can also become a PADI Divemaster or PADI Instructor from this island paradise.
This dive camp will take place at Trincomalee beach’s diving center in Uppuveli, Sri Lanka. The camp is located near the beach that will give you easy access to the diving spots. It is also less crowded, giving you a hassle-free time to learn properly or enjoy the waves to the fullest. As well as sunrise dive, the sunset snorkeling is the most awesome experience to do. This is also one of the best places to go dolphin watching during the whale season: April to October.
- Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (HRI) – 2 hours and 18 minutes / 110 kilometers
- Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB) – 2 hours and 19 minutes / 171.4 kilometers via Southern Expy/E01
On this dive camp, you will be served daily breakfast (included in the price). For the rest of the meals, you can have the best local food experience as well as Western and Sri Lankan foods in the local restaurants.
The following meals are included:
The following drinks are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Whole food
- Other dietary requirements on request
If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to the organizer when making a reservation
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification
- 5 dive lessons (45 minutes in the water)
- Dive boat rental and pickup – drop to the beach of the day
- Professional local and foreign internationally qualified instructors
- Professional dive photographer joining you with some lessons
- Free use of diving equipment
- 2 free yoga session at the ocean view yoga rooftop and on the beach
- Airport pickup
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- 3 breakfasts
- Free coffee, tea, and king coconut every day
- 30-minute video annalist to share via social media
- High-speed Wi-Fi
- 2 basic yoga classes
- Yoga mat every day
What’s not included
- Airport transfers to Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB)
- Flights to and from Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB)
- Lunch and dinner for 4 days
- Massage and spa treatments
- Optional activities
Things to do (optional)
- Surfing lessons for beginners / intermediate and advanced
- Whale watching tour
- Spa and body massage
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB) or Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (HRI). Transfer from Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB) is included. Sri Lankan Tour Hub will pick you up from the airport.
Airport: Bandaranaike International Airport Airport transfer included: Bandaranaike International AirportNo additional charges. You can request this in the next step.
Airport: Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport Airport transfer available: Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (US$100 per person)
- A reservation requires a deposit of 25% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 14 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.